nothing terribly exciting to report, just here to check in on my goals. And I just realized that I got one wrong already -- I thought I'd made the goal to bike once a week, but here I find out it's actually to work once a week. Sigh.
- Monday: sick/allergies, plus a work-dinner to entice newly-admitted grad students to pick us, pick us! (And let me tell ya, shoving a bunch of CS grads, postdocs, and professors into a house together = socially awkward times, all night long.)
- Tuesday: easy run with new-to-running friend. Apparently I pushed her pace ;) which took it up into the realm of my easy pace. So that worked out!
- Wednesday: tempo on the treadmill, really slow cool-down. Got in 30 of my assisted pull-ups and (girly) push-ups. Also signed the lease for our new house! Now, for the packing and moving: UGH.
- Thursday: baked a cake for the Handyman's bday on Friday! And managed to not lick my fingers even once. Thank goodness Lent is over now.
- Friday: woke up so early I made it to the gym before work for 2 easy miles + a tiny swim (mostly trying to work on technique, and also because I had to get out of the pool in time for the AquaFit class to take it over) = weekly swim goal DONE. Oh and I got in the last 20 of my pull-ups and push-ups, for 50 total = weekly push-pull goal DONE.
- Saturday: 10 long miles. My mp3 player died at the start so it was just me and my thoughts. And, somehow, there was a headwind both ways. I think I stopped sweating at mile 7, which was very bad, but perhaps it was just because of the wind + it's pretty dry out right now. Saw my running club finishing their 10 miler at about mile 2 of mine...that was fun. Made it back home in time to go to aerial silks dance class with a friend, where I managed to do two moves all on my own which was completely awesome but not at all reflective of my getting stronger (sigh).
- Sunday: long-ish bike ride with two slow friends - perhaps I should ride my mountain bike next time I go out with them, it's just cheating to be on a road bike when they're on hybrids. This was intended to = weekly bike goal DONE so we'll call it DONEish. ;)
oh, I did sign up for the MCM 10k in October. I was so so so tempted to sign up for the marathon -- they are masters at the social media, got everyone in a frenzy -- so this is my compromise. I still get to race on that day, and get the newsletters building up to the marathon (I assume?), and feel some of that race energy, but I don't kill myself on a marathon. Distance is not my goal for this year (though it's hard to resist the siren call...).
p.s. = weekly blogging goal DONE. ;)