Sunday, May 01, 2011

happy new month!

...just doesn't have quite the same ring as Happy New Year, does it?? ah well. it's a new month and I'm makin some resolutions!!

1. get outside. this is my main goal for the month. I like to keep my resolutions simple so I can remember them -- my new year's resolution last year was "finish what you started" and this year is "just be me." all of the below count as part of this goal:
  • take the dog for a walk
  • go for a hike! (with or without dog...)
  • hit some golf balls
  • jump on a friend's trampoline (after foot has fully healed)
  • hang out on the patio, with laptop or book if need be
  • take a different form of transportation to work -- walk or bike
see how I very carefully structured those so that I'm not relying on running to get me outside?? because I've started using my injured foot as an excuse, and despite sometimes feeling like running is everything, there are other ways to be active and get outside.

2. be an active participant. I have a bad habit of living on the periphery, and/or living vicariously, and the internet makes it so super easy to be that way. so here are the pieces of this goal:
  • blog more consistently
  • comment more consistently
  • decide whether it's time to take a break from twitter and/or Facebook
  • make plans to hang out with friends once a week...and not to watch HIMYM
3. track to-do's. I have several major projects going on right now, including a few at work, wedding planning, and health/fitness stuff including marathon training eep. in general I like to think I'm a really organized person, but I clearly haven't figured out a good system for tracking to-do's that works for me. yesterday I installed software that will make my phone talk to my computer (they're different OSes, it was hard, whiiiiiiine), so hopefully that will help. I give myself two weeks to try that, otherwise it's time to move to Things or OmniTrack.

yay goals! happy May!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your month resolutions. I think I need to be better at tracking to-dos as well. And I supposed I should be wedding planning and getting ready for marathon training as well.. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting outside more is a great goal. I find that the more time I spend outside (even just walking the dog, or sitting on my front porch), the better my mood is.

    ReplyDelete