Sunday, February 13, 2011

spinning a-c

my hip is still injured from last week's long run. :( I really really have to remember not to push mileage up that quickly. and start taking ibuprofin (doc's orders!) for what is almost-certainly bursitis in the hip. so I dragged my sorry butt to the gym and got on a spin bike for an hour. which translated to the set of songs on my mp3 player starting with the letter 'a' through the letter 'c'...turns out I have a lot of songs that start with 'ch', I nearly gave up. but then Kylie Minogue's Come Into My World came on, and that song always gets me going (plus it's a terrible cool-down song, ha) so...I made it!

and then...I had this:
milkeshake
monkey milkshake

yeah. I don't really have a good excuse for it. but I was starving and grumpy and sad and missing my sweetie and now I feel better. :)

during my spin I held a bunch of imaginary conversations in my head. sometimes replaying conversations that went wrong, but mostly saying things I'd never have the guts to say in real life. :) if only I had an indoor bike trainer, I could distract myself with fabulous bloggy updates or trashy tv or or or...!

speaking of: I honestly cannot decide whether or not to cancel my gym membership. I should. I've only gone once in the last month or so. but on days like today...I wouldn't have gotten a workout in otherwise. so really I should go to the gym more frequently...but I hate that gym. its parking issues, its tvs that are constantly and only tuned to sports channels, and most of all its stingy stinging showers. :( sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment