Tuesday, August 22, 2006

rock on!

I went to a rock concert last night. By myself, because it was on short notice and none of my friends could make it. I am not, in case you weren't already aware of this, a go-to-a-rock-concert kind of girl, in general. I am most emphatically not a go-to-a-rock-concert-by-myself girl. But I had a totally awesome time. I love Bowling For Soup (introduced to me on pandora by a good buddy who lives too far away from me right now). The band has a slightly odd following -- either very geeky (me! me!) or in Junior High School. With their parents. Pretty energetic, and most of the crowd knew nearly all of the lyrics to nearly all of the songs. So fun!

But next time? Someone please please remind me that shoving 200 people into a bar with no A/C and no ventilation, with hot stage lights and constant jumping/moshing (me!) and occasional crowd surfing (not me. no way.), is not conducive to wearing a heavy long-sleeve shirt (even if it is low-cut) and tight jeans. Even if it is freezing cold outside, I should always always wear a tank top and short skirt to concerts. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment