Thursday, November 04, 2010

a run for my inner child

I picked out a local race to do! It's a 10k in 5 weeks, which will probably be really tight in terms of training. But a 5k seems too short to pay real money for.....and this race is just too cute to pass up. It's the Jingle All the Way 10k in downtown DC. And they hand out jingle bells, to be tied onto your shoes, with the race packets. Squee!!

I'm not sure yet whether it'll be annoying to have all that jingling going on around me, but for now I think it'll be fun. I'm also not thrilled with the out-and-back course (hate those), but eh. I find it amusing that I will run right by my first spot for spectating the Marine Corps Marathon... :D Now, to decide whether or not I should wear my santacon costume for the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment